Saturday, May 16, 2020

Robert & Jane (Dennis) Brown

     Robert & Jane (Dennis) Brown

     The Spring of 1999, I (Louise Sessions Porter) received a call from James (Jim) Joseph Brown (1952) , informing me that he had seen my Brown genealogy at the Salt Lake City, Family History Center.
     James is the son of Michael Charles Brown (1920) , grandson of Charles William Brown (1873) , great-grandson of John Brown (1832)  and 2nd great-grandson of Robert & Jane (Dennis) Brown (1791) .  
     Jim's great grandfather (John 1832) and my 2nd great-grandfather, William Washington Ritchey Brown (1814) are brothers.
     Until this date (1999) and researching for 40 some odd years I had found nothing on the parents or siblings of my William Brown (1814). Brown is a difficult name to search and discouragement sent me into other surnames, one that didn't have a million of the same names. My first cousin Billie Jean (Brown) Hem has taken up where I left off and has shared her finding with me. Needless to say we were most thankful when Jim contacted us.
     Included with the genealogical date are photo and headstone pictures, which I have added to my Brown Family History, [SLFHL #1598328].


    
Here are the headstones of Robert & Jane (Dennis) Brown
Robert Brown, Born 23 March 1791 & Died 16 March 1861
Jane Brown, Born 5 August 1790 & Died 3 October 1866
Resting in the Weir Cemetery (near Greenfield) Dade Co., Mo.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment